“The Florida Ready to Work Credential makes it easy for an employer to see if a person has the skills or not. It gives us a way to immediately screen out and select prime candidates based on the critical skills we need.”
– Ed Smith, Human Resources Manager, Florida Crystal
Looking for work? Get The Credential. Get The Advantage.
Florida Ready to Work. It’s new. It’s free. It will give you a competitive edge – proof that you have the right skills and the right attitude to get the job you want.
Florida Ready to Work can help you score your next job. Your Florida Ready to Work Credential will make you stand out from other applicants and shows employers that you have the skills and initiative they are looking for.
You can even improve your score and your value to employers with free online training tools that will build your job skills. And the Florida Ready to Work Career Center will help you research potential careers and the skills you will need to get the job.
Students- click here to learn more!
Get Started Today
To earn the credential, you must take three proctored Assessments – Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information. It’s all free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Choose your county on the map above to find an Assessment Center near you. For additional assistance click here.
- Once you have enrolled with an Assessment Center, take the three required Placement Tests – Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information. Each Placement Test takes about 15 minutes. You can take the Placement Tests on your own time, from any computer, anywhere.
- Use the online Courseware to improve your scores and job skills, if needed.
- Take the three required Assessments –Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information – at the Assessment Center where you enrolled. The Assessments are proctored, and each assessment takes about one hour.
- Score at least a 3 on each of the three required Assessments. If you don’t score at least a 3 or to increase your score, you can use the online Courseware, from any computer, anytime, for free.
- Receive your Florida Ready to Work Credential, signed by Governor Rick Scott.
- Now go get that job you have been looking for! Visit www.EmployFlorida.com for job postings and/or assistance in finding a job.